Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celaeno Shawl

Last night I finished the Celaeno Shawl.  After binding off, I gave it a quick soak and blocked it.  This morning I ran out and got a few quick pictures before the rain (will it ever stop?). 
I love how the beads are incorporated into the lace pattern.  They show up really well in sunlight adding a bit of sparkle here and there.

Over the weekend my order from KokoNoelle arrived:
Noelle and her sister make these beautiful nest buttons by hand.  The picture doesn't show it well but they look like little birds nests.  I purchased a few of them at Maryland Sheep & Wool and when I got home I realized that I needed a few more and Noelle was kind enough to send them right out.

1 comment:

  1. Knock my socks off, Lara! Your shawl is stunning.
    I'll have to take a closer look at those sweet nest buttons - now that I have a little one to knit for. Thanks for sharing! xo t

    ReplyDelete