Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Fourth of July was fantastic for us this year.  My husband and I drove to Wintergreen Resort  for an  evening of fun and fireworks.  We got there late in the afternoon and staked out a place for our chairs and had funnel cake with ice cream and beer.  Believe it or not, these do go together pretty well.  Or maybe I was just really hungry....



As the afternoon went on, many more people came.  Several very good bands played throughout the day and into the evening.


I had to take a picture of this guy.  We called him the sneaky photographer.  No idea who or what he was photographing, but he was being quite sneaky about it.

Our little point and shoot digital camera did a pretty good job of catching some of the fireworks.


Bill, Andys dad, had a birthday last week.  We took a drive out to visit and got to meet the new additions to the family. Here Bo and Bella.  They are rescue boxer cross puppies and are about four months old.  They are so happy and wiggly that it was hard to get them to stay still for a picture.

Bill found this in the back yard, it's not alive (thank goodness).  It amazes me how large things grow here in Virginia.  The chapstick is for perspective.  As far as I know bugs don't wear chapstick, but you never know.



I signed up for the Tour de Fleece on Ravelry.  I'm on Team SuperFleece and spinning Cotswold that I had sent to Singleton Fiber Processing in Maryland this spring.  It's coming along nicely and I should have more than enough for a sweater and shawl. 




The past couple of weekends we have been taking our bikes to Percivals Island for early morning rides.  It's great fun and good exercise.  Most of the trail we ride on is shaded so we haven't gotten too terribly hot. I keep a knitting project in my basket and Andy has a telescoping fishing rod strapped to the rack on his bike.  There is a nice place to fish in one area and there happens to be a bench in the shade which is perfect for tranquil knitting.




1 comment:

  1. Your morning bike rides sound like heaven!
    I can't believe the size of that THING next to your Chapstick...YIKES!
    That funnel cake & ice cream looks soooo decadent - I've never had funnel cake with ice cream. Thanks for the extra pounds in advance, LOL xo t

    ReplyDelete