Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When it rains is pours, or when it's fleece it's yarn


It seems as though Im either completely caught up on things and wondering what I should be doing or literally up to my armpits in work:



These are the Love at the Opera Gloves that are finally finished. Pattern by Hannah Cuviello, yarn is Sanguine Gryphon Bugga in Strawberry Crab.  My goal was to have them completed in time for the new Harry Potter movie and I made it.  While I did feel a bit awkward wearing them to the movie, I was really glad I did.  It was freezing in the theater and they worked great with my summertime shirt.  Andy and I went to the 3D version early on Sunday morning when there were only about five other people in the theater.  Perfect!


This is the Holden shawl that just came off the blocking wires. It's a very easy pattern and I really enjoyed knitting it.  Ive added several repeats to make the best use of the yarn.  It's my hand spun from roving purchased from Tintagel Farm at last years Montpelier Fall Fiber Festival.


Three more skeins for the Tour de Fleece.  I still have a couple of pounds of this Cotswold left to spin and Im seriously worried that I won't have it done by the end of the tour.  On the positive side so far Ive spun 1232 yards and there should be enough by the end of the week to complete a sweater.


Missy and I took a ride out to a quilt show at the Bedford Library.  There were so many amazing quilts. We drooled over all of them.  This one was my favorite and called Shibori Shimmers. 



Homemade Marina Sauce - now in the freezer.  Im hoping to make salsa today and possibly jam tomorrow. 









1 comment:

  1. You know I love those opera gloves! Holden is beyond amazing, and the sauce looks delicious! Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete