Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A short break

Is it just me, or does it look like this llama is wearing glasses?

We took a break from home improvement hell this past weekend and went to the VA Classic Llama and Alpaca Show.  Our friends the Hall's who own Posy Thisisit Llamas had a booth there.  It was great fun to visit with them and catch up.  We haven't gotten together in more than a year so there was a lot of yakking going on!  We have plans to get together again at Maryland Sheep & Wool so our next visit wont be too far off. 

Jamee' and I had a bit of fun with some roving and designed new Princess Leia costumes:




This is the last room that we layed flooring in.  It's really supposed to be our office, but Ive sort of taken it over.  That's Andy in the closet using the nail gun to put the final touches on the half round molding.


Yesterday I painted all the closets on the main floor.  While this may seem like a waste of time, really who is ever going to notice, apparently the people who lived here before us thought this and only had put primer on the walls in them.  They look much better and have a nice clean and fresh scent.  Tomorrow I'm painting our bedroom.  More on that to come!

In my very limited down time I did manage to finish a pair of socks:


The Weasley Homstead by Erica Lueder.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry and can be found here. BMFA STR in Mossy Manly.  Ive also nearly finished seaming my second Blumchen It should be finished by Thursday just in time for even warmer weather! 

 Speaking of warmer weather, it was a crazy 80 degrees here today.  It's only March and I'm really concerned about what summer is going to have in store for us.  Andy and I worked in the garden for a couple of hours - pruning, thinning, removing some weeds and generally getting the soil ready for planting.  We are tying up loose ends with things around the house before fishing season begins.  Our next project is reconstruction of the stairs leading to our basement.  Someday, someday soon, I will have more knitting time again.  I just know it!



4 comments:

  1. Princess Leia, you look marvelous! Can't wait to see what you do at Maryland Sheep & Wool, LOL
    The floors are really looking awesome, and I applaud you for all the painting - including inside your closets!
    Beautiful socks - how do you find time to do all of the wonderful work you do?! Your talents are many. xo t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T :) What happens at MDSW stays at MDSW... hehe

      Delete
  2. The llama picture is too funny! Your socks look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! I didn't notice his glasses until I was looking through the pictures when we got home.

      Delete