Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Balls!

Balls of yarn that is.  What were you thinking?  For Christmas Andy got me one of the best gifts ever.  A lot of women like jewelry and perfume or dainty little things which are all fine.  I'm not saying I don't like those things, because really, you can never go wrong giving me something sparkly. I'm like a magpie that way.  This year though, he really outdid himself.  I've been bitching and moaning mentioning that my rotor cuff bothers me when I have to wind a bunch of skeins with the behemoth of a jumbo winder that we have.  Andy's been really good about it because he will wind the yarn for me when he is home.  Well on Christmas morning I was never more surprised when he gave me this:

 
 
Yes knitters, there is a Santa!  And I just happen to be married to him. 
 
I've been having way too much fun with this.  First I organized all of my little balls of leftover fingering weight yarn.  Before they were rewound into tidy little cakes of yarn, I couldn't get the drawer they are kept in closed.  It's so much better now!  Yes, I know.  I'm starting to get all Martha Stewart about this. Although, I think she would have nice neat little labels on each one and perhaps organize them by color or brand.
 
 

Yarn Glamour Shots

 
Before:
 


During:
 


After:

 
The yarn is Cephalopod Bugga in Mantis Shrimp.  I used it in my latest design, Candy Necklace.  It's a one skein or less spring scarf worked in fingering or light sport weight yarn.  I'm looking for test knitters for this pattern.  If you are interested please leave a comment here on my blog or PM me on Ravelry - SpinningLara
 
 
As soon as Andy and I can get our schedules coordinated I will have much better pictures of Candy Necklace.  The self portrait cell phone pictures were a little too uncoordinated looking to post!
 




 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what handy little thing! I didn't even know they made these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a wonderful tool. Andy said he is going to use it to remove fishing line from his reel's this spring. He puts new line on them each year.

    ReplyDelete